Thursday 18 January 2018

JUSTIN QUINNELL RESEARCH / ANALOGUE / 3 MONTH EXPOSURE

Justin Quinnell was known for his pinhole photography and recently worked as the Pinhole consultant for the movie "The Brothers Bloom" and his cameras are featured in the film. When he was younger, around the age of 4 he had several operations on his eyes as he had a problem with them. He said that he had a patch of one of his eyes with a tiny whole to look through. In addition, in a not very wealthy part of Bristol, he was the head of the photography department. Due to the kids and their parents didn't have the money to spend on a camera, so he got them to make a camera out of their drink cans and he really loved the idea.

This is the final outcome of my lumin pinhole camera, that was exposed for 3 months. What I did was, I stuck it outside my window of my house and it was east facing. As you can see it worked very well and you can see the light trails of the sun rising over for the three months. You can also see some detail in the image from the trees etc. 




Then once I had taken a photo of the pinhole outcome I imported them onto my computer and opened it into photoshop. Then in photoshop I inverted the photo so that the blacks become white and white becomes black. Doing this brought out the detail in the photo and now you can see the trees and theres some slight detail in the other surroundings.


No comments:

Post a Comment

NARRATIVE SEQUENCE

This is my final narrative sequence. I used a scrabble board and wrote a small message in each different shot. This is the contact sheet of...