Thursday 2 November 2017

RAW FILES

When you take photos in RAW and open them in photoshop, Camera Raw opens up. Camera Raw is a process in which you can edit photos before you edit it further in photoshop. With the majority of my photos I changed the temperature, exposure, contrast, highlights, shadows, whites, blacks and the clarity. I also increased the sharpening amount, radius, detail and masking to make the picture clearer. With the noise reduction I increase the luminance to make the image look a little softer. On some of my images I converted them to greyscale then increased the contrast to make the images darker. When I edited the image of the Shard with the pink sky, with the split toning tab I changed the Hue colour and the saturation colour to get the soft pink colour. 


In some of my RAW photographs I enabled the lens profile corrections to remove some of the vignette in the corners of the photo and also it removes the distortion of the photo. In the effects tab of camera RAW, I didn't change the grain of the photos because I wanted the photos as clear as possible. However, I did add some of the post crop vignetting to most of my photos. I didn't use the camera calibration, presents or the snapshot settings. Once I had finished editing the one image I saved them to my hard drive as 'tif' files but when I uploaded them to blogger I had to export them to JPEG files so that image size was smaller. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

NARRATIVE SEQUENCE

This is my final narrative sequence. I used a scrabble board and wrote a small message in each different shot. This is the contact sheet of...